Thursday, April 14, 2011

Roasted like a hot dog?

Today is the 5th day I've been up in the BMT clinic. I've tried to find a routine to make the days go by faster. I do a lot of walking, talking to other patience's or staff, watching movies, needle point and the occasional nap. I am waiting for my friend Jenny to leave her room so I can steal it. She has much better views of the city, large windows with natural light and a walk in shower.

I am on my 4th day of the TBI radiation treatments. I feel like I am being roasted like a hot dog. The first treatment felt like I had a small sunburn and it was hard to sleep. The machine you stand in makes me feel little tired, light headed and sleepy (which is real common). Only 2 more to go then we start chemo on Sunday. (I did pretty well with chemo last time but this is more powerful than before). Wish me luck that I can handle it.

Thanks to all that have stepped up to help Jeff where he needs it.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Tell Jenny to get the #$%# out of there. She has had that room long enough. Really tell her hello from me. Hope she is doing well. Glad the TBI's are almost done. Good luck on the Chemo. All my hugs and love sent your way. I love that smile too!!!
Love ya tons...

Priscilla said...

In a few month you'll be saying you are roasting, needle pointing, napping, watching movies and walking down the beach in CA! Because I know that vacation is around the corner. Let me know when I can visit you.
XOXOXO
P

Casey said...

Of course you can handle the chemo, the radiation and the transplant!! There is no doubt in my mind, don't let there be doubt in yours.

You have a wonderful husband, two beautiful children and a ton of family and friends that know you can handle it and will be here to help you in any way possible!!!

Sending positive, you can do it vibes out into the universe this minute for you!!

Blonde African Americans said...

Miss you sweet heart glad things are going well, we are following your progress and I hope the kids are doing okay.

Ronda said...

Love you Carla, and thinking so much about you this week!!