Sunday, April 17, 2011

Getting closer to transplant

Although I have spent many a late night with Carla, last night was the first sleepover for McCall and I. We watched the Hulk, had some snacks, and then went to sleep. Well, did our best to sleep. They check vitals every fours hours, and also since she was scheduled to start chemotherapy, she had to start some other IV medications at 4:30am before the 8am chemotherapy. Sometimes not a very restful place, but thankful we have it.

After "waking up" I drove to Banbury Cross Donut shop to get donuts for the staff. We appreciated them changing Carla's room and moving her belongings yesterday.

Carla will receive chemotherapy drugs for 2 days. Each day for 2 hours starting at 8am. These 2 doses are very strong. She did very well with it today and was able to get some rest in the afternoon. I returned late afternoon and spent most of the evening with her, dinner, 2 movies, leg rub, hugs and kisses. Not sure it qualifies for a date night.

One of our good friends Sandy sent us a picture of herself from the Salt Lake Marathon. Thank you Sandy for running in honor of Carla. That was very special to her.

Thank you Kraig and Tami for bringing dinner. It was good to talk to you the other day.

3 comments:

mine said...

I know it was comforting for Carla to have you and McCall there for the night. Also know that she was pleased to get into her new room. I am glad that the radiation is over and now to get into completing the chemo. Hopefully it will go without her getting to ill from it. Thanks for all the updates. We are thinking of you all and offer encouraging thoughts. Hang in! Patsy

mine said...

Carla,
You are quite a trooper and I admire your fortitude and attitude. Keep that positive outlook.
Love ya,
Patsy

Anonymous said...

Way to go Carla, you show this AML who is boss! We think of you often and are always amazed to read how well you are doing, keep it up...we love you! The Tolleys