Monday, April 11, 2011

It's a "Boy"!

Well, that's what they are saying at the hospital. Carla passed that kidney stone this morning, and suddenly it seemed the "stone" had its own reality tv show. It was touring the 8th floor, signing autographs, guest appearance lined up on SNL. The entire staff was just amazed with Carla.

Carla was back to feeling well, albeit very tired from her high flow IV water bag, which helped move it out, but kept her up ALL night. Just to be sure, she did another CT to confirm it was truly gone, and it was.

No time was wasted on keeping the bone marrow transplant on schedule. Within 2 hours she headed down to radiology and completed her first of six TBI treatments. She did great, I'm so proud of her strength. Her parents kept her company while I went home to the kids.

After dinner, the kids and I went up to see mom. She was pretty tired, but very happy to see McCall and Callie. They shared how school went, and I told them how well mom did today.

Yesterday, Carla and I spent some time talking with a patient who received a BMT a few weeks ago. She has given both us invaluable insight to the process and has become a friend, with much in common. She and Carla were originally admitted within four days of each other, but Jenny had to spend Christmas at the hospital.

Thank you Meg and Craig for dinner tonight, very appreciated, and enjoyed visiting with you. Jenny G, you are a life saver for coordinating the dinner schedule, thank you.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I am so proud of all of you. All of you have taken all of this as troopers. Keeping your lives as normal as possible. I pray that it is all good from here. Good vibes and lots of HUGS coming your way!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX