Thursday, April 7, 2011

Getting ready!

With the biggest stay in the hospital coming up I’ve been very busy trying to do as much as I can before. A lot of dinners, visitors, phone calls, all the “chores” I can still do and more. Thanks to all of you that have called, stopped by, taken us out or sent a card. It all helps me so much!! Here are just a few photos that I’ve taken.
Carla and Leslie Leslie-Carla-Beatrice
Me and my brother Jason
Aunt Sandy-me-cousin Casie
Sandy and Carla


Yesterday was the last of the official tests (full body PET scan and another chest CT). I’ve done them before and they are no big deal. All the medicine they pump through my veins to get the scans makes me feel a little gross. Today is a lot of meetings with nurses, pharmacy techs, dietitian and a “family conference” (everyone that might be taking care of me needs is coming) so we all know what to expect in the next coming months. Check in time is still Sunday. I will get my room (hopefully the one I wanted) , start some fluids, antibiotics, anti-nausea medicine and do my first TBI treatment.

2 comments:

Em Web said...

You go CARLA!! Sorry couldn't come to visit you. I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really reallyreally really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really ( multilpy that by the highest number in the world) wanted too!! Praying for you every day love you!!!!

Priscilla said...

Carla will you be able to have visitors? We'll be sending you tones of positive thoughts.
XOXO