Thursday, April 21, 2011

Patience is a must

Each day reminds us this process is slow and we must have patience. The doctors have her connected to a machine that monitors her heart and oxygen, keeping a close eye on her since there have been some fluctuations in her levels. They detected some pneumonia in her right lung and watching that as well. The process can be very dynamic at times or can be very slow.

At this point, Carla's body can no longer make blood cells. She receives blood transfusion while the new stem cells take hold and start producing.

After returning from my morning hospital visit, Callie had been playing at a Rachel's house for a few hours. I took McCall to the track to run for about an hour. Once the kids were home and settled I went back to the hospital. Uncle Jason was coming over to be with the kids, watch American Idol and enjoy some dinner from one of our neighbors.

Thank you Childs' for the spaghetti meal. Callie felt pretty special that Skylee called to ask her what she wanted for dinner. You have such a sweet family.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Thanks Jeff for the update. It's so hard to be patient. I want to call all the time and see how she is, and how you are doing. My love is with you...I am very appreciative of the updates. I figure no news...is good news.
Love you...please give her a hug from me...

Priscilla said...

We think of Carla and all of you every days, thank you for keeping us posted on the progresses. Big hugs and kisses.

Megan said...

I'm thinking about you all every day and I really appreciate the updates (obviously I could use a lesson in patience). You are all a wonderful example of perseverance and pulling together to support each other. Stay strong Carla (and Jeff) and know that you've got a lot if people in your cheering section. Love you!