Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Today we had consultations with Liver and Leukemia radiologists to plan out the next steps. After some idle time, we now have some direction and a few procedures lined up. As Carla discussed, one of the procedures will be to target the liver tumor with radiation beads and see how it responds to therapy. An initial test procedure will be done to make sure the therapy can target the area before the real therapy starts, so she gets two identical procedures; a test and real procedure (not really a bargain). The test may be done this Tuesday, then the real one 7-10 days later.

In addition, Carla will start radiation therapy on Monday for the leukemia masses, 15 treatments over 3 weeks.

Carla is excited to start the next steps in her recovery and get well. We will know more in the next 4-8 weeks what the next treatments will be.

Currently, Carla is not in chemotherapy treatment and is able to live a somewhat normal life. Please feel free to contact us to come visit or get together if you have time. She is still feeling healthy and strong!

4 comments:

Casie said...

I just got off the phone with my mom to get updated and then I hop on the good ole' blog and here it is! I am hoping Carla is still feeling good when I get to Utah in April. I'll get in touch when we get there and we'll plan something regardless. :) Love you guys!

Unknown said...

Carla,
Well news does not travel fast as I had no idea what you are going through. Jeanne Dietz is usually my source of info for the group of friends but she had never said a word. Dont you hesitate to let me know if you need anything and I will put my Jeff to work. Ha ha. Seriously Carls, you are heavy on my mind and I just think the world of you and your family! I told your hubby I am not a master chef but would love to give you a break and bring you dinner. Jeff Grada, Clark Morzeleski and I may just drop something off but dont want to do it unexpectedly. I emailed you Jeff to see what would work out best. Kami

Ronda said...

Good to see you all tonight at the school. Glad to see you are able to out and around a little more. Take it easy girl. You are one amazing woman!!! WE love you!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for publishing this blog. I think of you all every day and send you loads of love and healing light. You are all amazing people! I hold you close in my heart. Margo P