Monday, January 31, 2011

Last night we worked together like a somewhat oiled machine. Callie had a "shoe box" book report due which needed some final touches, and I wanted to get up to see Carla before it got too late.


McCall was done with her homework, so I asked her make lunches and to assist Callie with decorating the box and assembling one of the items Callie was making for the report while I went to the hospital. I was up there earlier in the day and Carla was looking so much better and resting a bit easier.



When I arrived this morning at the hospital, Carla was walking around in her room, and had been for the past 30 minutes! Her voice sounded less muffled. Wow! You have to remember that she has not had any steady sleep for the past 11 days. So, once she was done walking, I put a movie in the DVD player, logged into work, and she fell asleep.

The girls and I arrived later this evening to hang out with Carla and she improved even more from this morning. We bring her cards she gets in the mail, read her the school newsletters, share the kids homework the teacher sends home. Tonight the kids brought their nightly reading and went into the hall and read while I rubbed Carla's feet and legs. The kids are quite comfortable in the halls where they see leukemia patients and their families walking, doctors, nurses. I'm very proud of them with the courage they show. They are learning courage...just like me.

Thank you Colleen and family for bringing us dinner. We had just finished homework, and your meal was perfect timimg...almost anytime is a good time for food. We went right up to the hospital after our meal. Thanks again.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I am so glad that things are looking better. You all are my heroes... I am so proud of all of you. Callie your project looks awesome, I wish I could see it. Keep up the fight, and know that you are LOVED!!!!!!!!

Casie said...

Again, tears reading this. I'm so relieved that Carla is improving. And I think my tears are for how proud I am of the girls through all of this. They are so dang awesome! Must be those parents or something. ;) Love you all.

Casey said...

Callie, that report looks awesome!! You and McCall did an awesome job. Jeff and Carla - YAY!!!!! I am so glad that Carla is feeling better and on the road to running laps around the hospital again. :)
Sending more positive thoughts out into the universe right now!!!
Love you all tons!!
Casey, Caitlin and Gay

Anonymous said...

Carla, Jeff, McCall and Callie,
I just got this blogsite from Pam. I have been worried sick and it is nice to have a connection to you all. Please know that you are loved and that I am sending you love and healing prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Love Valerie