Get this! Her aunt Sandy showed up around 5:30pm. Lately, we haven't picked up food for dinner because of the many kind people bringing us dinner, so I order some Tres Hombres and went to pick it up just after 6. Thought it would be a nice change, and I LOVE Mexican food. As I pull into the parking lot I see a familiar looking blonde lady with an elderly woman leaving Tres Hombres. Believing that I recognize her, I zip into a parking stall and quickly walk to the front steps just as they hit the asphalt parking lot. IT WAS NAN! Our "drug pusher" nurse from the hospital with her mother. She just finished her mother's birthday dinner. Nan's mom was full of smiles, I gave her a soft squeeze and told her "happy birthday". Nan got the same squeeze. She told her mother that my wife Carla was a patient, and for me to tell Carla "hello". We had just seen Nan yesterday, and somehow the world felt so much more cozier. I felt like I had just seen a long lost good friend. With a spring in my step, I bounded up the stairs to the restaurant to get my "fix".
Status: Carla was very tired today. One day she's "swiffing" the floor, the next day she's moulded into the chair. Her aunt Sandy from Delta is staying with us for 2 days. She works at an assisted living facility. Sandy will be taking Carla to her appointment tomorrow while I go into work. I plan to go up there after lunch if she is still there.
Kids kept busy with school, soccer, homework. Callie has a birthday swim party coming up this Friday. Callie handed out invitations at school to a few friends. It will be the first birthday party that Carla has not attended, and will be my first solo parent party. Wish me luck!
1 comment:
You don't need luck! :) But just in case, Good luck! PLEASE tell Carla I am thinking of her and wishing so bad I was closer. Sending love, well wishes, positive enery and prayers from Arizona. xoxo
Post a Comment