Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'M HOME!

(not a good photo-but you get the idea)

Walking is such an important part of fighting off cancer. Keep moving is their motto. We are asked to walk 3-4 times a day for 20-30 min. I’ve been very good about it but “wrapping up your body” is a chore in itself. I have to wear a mask, plastic gown and gloves….plus pulling all my meds can be a little strange. The kids walked with me a few times (as well as some friends, husband, parents and brother). Thanks to all that made the endless circle more fun.

I AM HOME!!! What a feeling to lie in your own bed and smell the familiar smells. I love that I can hug my kids and snuggle next to my husband. First thing I did was get in the tub. Awwwww…felt so nice! It is the little things that make life grand.

I broke the record at LDS Bone Clinic by being discharged the quickest. Only 7 days when the traditional leukemia patient can stay up to 4 weeks. I am currently in “nadar” which means I have no white blood cells to fight infection. I have to be very careful what I do, who visits and keeping up on my medicine. I am tired but feel strong. I am trying to up my calorie intake and drink more water.

Thanks to all that have jumped to help support our whole family during this experience.
We are overwhelmed and feel very fortunate to have you in our lives.



9 comments:

Diane said...

If anyone was going to beat a record. It would be you.
Awesome.

Casie said...

I am so proud of you on all accounts. I'm so happy and relieved that you are home now. What a huge blessing. I love you! Keep up the great work!

Jenny said...

I am not surprised you are home in record time super hero Carla! Welcome home. Have an enjoyable time being at home with your fam while fighting off that nasty monster....love you!

Linda Kay said...

Carla,

I just heard about your ordeal today and am so glad to hear that you're home already. Keep up your great attitude! Know that your friends and neighbors are praying for your quick recovery! Linda (Your own personal photographer... :o)

Ronda said...

So glad to hear you are home. Knew already what an amazing person you were and your support system is amazing to read about. Keep up the great scores Carla and stay safe at home. Love-Jones fam

Megan said...

Once again I'm blown away my your sheer awesomeness :). I know you were aching to get home, and I'm so glad that it happened quickly. Leave it to you to break records!

Unknown said...

That's wonderful news. Home is where the heart is!! You are so brave and keep up with it! Have faith!!!

Sending our prayers, hugs and love.
Narasipura family.

Casey said...

Yay!!!!! I am so glad that you are home and can be with Jeff and the girls.
Take care of yourself, let everyone pamper you, don't do things that others can do for you so that you can preserve your energy and keep being TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!
I will drop off some peanut butter bars to help you with that calorie intake!! Or would you prefer rum cake or lemon poundcake or.....just let me know!!!

caromann said...

Hello Carla! We're friends of your brother Jason's, and just want you to know that all seven of us are pulling for you! {sterile hug!}