Friday, June 7, 2013

Date and Time for placing Carla's Ashes to Rest, and Open House


On  June 15, 2013, Noon-1:30 at Mt. Olivet Cemetery, we will be placing Carla’s ashes to rest. The cemetery is located at 1342 East 5th South, south of the University of Utah Rice Eccles Football stadium. If you enter on 6th South from 1300 East, you will see us. There will be no official ceremony taking place. It will be a time for people to come pay any last respects, hold or view her beautiful urn, and just visit. You are welcome to place any small type of trinket, letter, or any small object in the vault that will hold Carla’s urn. The grounds people will seal all the items inside the vault with the urn. Please come anytime between the stated time frame and stay as long as or little as you want, or come to the open house. This is a casual event.

Following this special event will be an open house at our home from 2-5pm, 2807 E. 3100 S. There will be food, snacks, desserts, drinks and many happy conversations to be had. There will be a slush machine serving Carla's favorite drink, margaritas. First come, first served. There will be some tequila to add to your virgin margarita if you want the real thing. Please feel welcome to come by and share this special time with us, and celebrate one more time this wonderful person.


Let me say that I have been comforted so many times by having Carla’s ashes near me and our family. At times I feel reluctant to place such a beautiful urn with her cremains in a place that I will not be able to hold. Then I think of the emptiness of having a marker on the ground without her there. It is the right thing to do, and I hope the place is peaceful for all and especially for my dear Carla.

With all our love,

The Hennessy’s

3 comments:

Megan said...

We wouldn't miss it for the world! I always feel dumb, but more selfish, for thinking about how it's hard not having Carla around... especially because I know it's nothing compared to what you, McCall, and Callie feel and go through on a daily basis. But there are many times in my life in which I feel her absence, and, well... what the hell! I miss her! I'm so grateful for the years in which I had the opportunity of knowing and loving Carla.

We love you and the girls, and are honored to be a part of recognizing and celebrating Carla. Xoxo

Blonde African Americans said...

We will be at Bear Lake this weekend thinking of you guys.

Sandy said...

Casie and I visited the site the other day............and it is perfect.........so peaceful! You found the right spot. I guess we just missed you guys with Daniella. Wish we could have seen her and you guys. Crazy busy....Casie was doing photo shoots that night. Love ya!!!