Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 31

My numbers are doing awesome and as of last week the doctors think I only need to come in every Friday (which is so nice).  Neweys are at 2700 and white count is at 4.7.

Yesterday’s visit was good.  I currently have GVH (a rash on my chest and a little on my face.)  I noticed it a few days ago and started itching.  Dr. Miller gave me a cream for my chest and we are watching to see if the rash spreads. (yuck)  Not only does the rash itch it feels like a little sunburn and feels hot.  Not enjoying this part of the healing process but knew it was coming.

Took blood yesterday for my T-cell count and a Cimerism count (meaning how much of the donor cells are there vs. mine).  Takes about 7-10 days to get the info.  It should let us know if the donor stem cells are working.  Hope they are kicking the leukemia’s ass!!  Going back in on Tuesday to check the rash and if need be we’ll do a biopsy on it (ouch)…..otherwise I just deal with it and go with the flow.

Girls are doing great. McCall went to Boulder for 6 days for a soccer tournament.  Their team won the tournament and had so much fun.  Thanks to the Gordon’s for taking her.  She had a great time. Callie continues to pursue gymnastics and gets better every week.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I have been meaning to call you to see how you are doing. I have been playing Grandma as much as I can. The boys left today with the Dekkers. Casie and Josh are moving their stuff in today with their wards help. Glad things are looking good.....except that damn rash, but hang in there and know that you are loved 100 fold. We are all kicking it's A.. with ya. I will talk to you soon..LOVE YOU!!!

mine said...

Great! So glad to hear such a good report. I do hope and keep praying that you will continue to improve and someday soon you will be at 100 percent.

Erica Hill said...

Yay! Happy to hear some great news.