Sunday, February 6, 2011

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!! :)

I thought it only appropriate that I add to the blog this week. First let me say thanks to all of you out there that have helped in so many different ways. I can’t name everyone but you know who you are. Picking up kids from school, driving to activities, taking over my PTA responsibilities, bringing dinners, helping with birthday party planning or just bringing us some ice. It is the little things that really have made this process so much easier for us. We are so grateful for the outpour of support we have received!!

Some of you have asked what else you can do to help. The best answer I can give is take the time and go donate blood. The Red Cross is the best place to donate for it to be received at LDS Bone Marrow Clinic. You can also register to be a bone marrow donor (a swipe of the cheek is all that is needed) and you might be a match for someone in the future. For those of you who have already done it…THANKS!!!

When you are going through something like this you really experience personalities in people. You really know who your friends are and you know right away which family members you can lean on. There is no time for negativity or mean spirited thoughts towards past issues or concerns. I can have only positive thoughts during this treatment and that is what I am going to do!!!

I am doing well and trying to adapt to my new “routine”. I am still waiting to wake up and realize it was just a horrible dream. As most of you know the first round of chemo went really well. I handled it better than I thought and was excited to come home so quick. As most of you have read from Jeff’s posts I got a sore throat and headed back into the hospital in real pain. I was admitted immediately and told I had a sever case of Mucocitis (which are growths in the mouth, tongue and throat). I wasn’t able to swallow, talk or eat for a few days so I was frustrated with everyone. Jeff was a life saver translating for me and after a week or so I was starting to feel better. Who would have known that it would have taken 2 weeks to get me home again. (yuck)

This week I am able to do more and maybe even see a few people. My numbers are up and I am looking forward to enjoying the week before I head back for my second round of chemo on Valentines’ Day. (romantic huh?) I am hoping only 5 days and then back home for my “nadar” weeks of getting strong.

Please continue to send your support, good vibes and well wishes to us. I know that they help!!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Carla, I am so glad to hear that you are doing so much better. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I really wish I was there to help in some way. I just know Taylor would have a blast with those cute girls of yours. Please know though I am thinking of you all and so grateful to hear that you are doing better. I will continue to pray for you all and send positive energy your way. Much love,
Jamie

JGraft said...

Carla, we continue to keep you and everyone else in prayer. Yours and Jeff's positive approach to this is remarkable!
Keep up the strong fight!

Wendy said...

Carla! We've just been brought up to speed on your battle. We are so sorry you are going through this but Andy and Leslie kept touting how positive you are. I see that's true from reading your blog. We'll keep you in our prayers. We'll donate blood and get tested for a marrow match. We hope you feel good today and are back to 100% SOON! Sending love your way,
Wendy (and Alan) Ormsby

Casey said...

Carla, I am so glad that you get to spend some time home with your family and they with you!! Your positive attitude is inspirational. I am sending tons of positive vibes out into the universe for you, Jeff, McCall, Callie and Bindi. You are all awesome and we love you tons!!!

Casey, Caitlin and Gay

Megan said...

YAHOO! Finally home to relax and enjoy a change of scenery :). Thank you so much for letting me (and yes, it was a pleasure and an honor) accompany you on the "adventure" today. You look WONDERFUL, which is great and all, but even more importantly, that amazing Carla personality has definitely not suffered. It's funny how even in a hospital, you still make me laugh. I love you! (and you too Jeff :) ).

Tina said...

Carla, I just found your blog! You are AMAZING! Keep up the fight. Anita has been keeping us up to date on how you are doing. You and your family are in our prayers. If there is anything we can do please let us know. We love you,
Tina, Ken and Kaden Hill

Allison Corey said...

Carla,

You are amazing!!! I just found out about your health problems and I am so sorry! I want you to know that you are in my prayers and thoughts. I know that you are a fighter and you can beat this. Just try and keep your fun sense of humor and we are all praying for you. GOD BLESS. Allison Corey

Todd Shauna and gang said...

thank you for your posts! we think of you often and feel good when there's an update. We've had a fun two weeks with strep at our home. Hope your kids stay sick free. Hugs