My recovery is going well. All of the tumors have shrunk from the chemo and the doctors are happy about that. However, the tumor in my liver did not shrink and the doctors are concerned. I had a liver biopsy before I left the hospital last time to help the doctors decide what to do. (The tests results came back the tumor could just be a benign growth but we are not 100% sure of that.) Regardless of what it is… it needs to come out. The doctors are meeting Tuesday to discuss my care with a liver surgeon, liver specialist and all oncology doctors. Again, I have stumped them with my prognosis and they are learning from my case. I would assume I will go in for surgery next week sometime.
I am hoping to be in the hospital only a few days and then get some time home to recover. I'll have radiation on the other tumors and zap them free from my body. This should put me into remission and I will start the last treatment of chemo and then have the bone marrow transplant. (aughhh...so much to think about) The next few months are going to be hard but I am willing to fight this battle.
I have enjoyed being home with my family this week. I’ve actually been able to see friends, help with housework, drive to the store, relax and have some normalcy. Jeff and the girls have been awesome to help where I need it.
Thanks to all of you again for the cards, kind words and positive thoughts.
3 comments:
I LOVE YOU! I'm still going to call you when I can. This baby shower I'm throwing is over today. :)
Love you Carla and know that thoughts and prayers are with you all. You are one amazing woman!!
love you miss carla and think of you every day!
Post a Comment