Friday, December 31, 2010

Silent Night on New Year's Eve

All is quiet in the house. Each of the kids are sleeping over at friends for New Years. The illuminated Leg Lamp in our home front window beckons Carla to come home. In due time that will happen. But for now, she is resting in her soft pink jammies that her mom gave her, so soft against her skin giving her some comfort. As much as I want to stay and ring in the new year with her, she was getting tired and told me to go home. This will be the first time in 17 years that we have not been together when the clock struck midnight, banging pots or fast asleep.

Although the beginning of this new year has challenges for us, it will also have new courage and strength, appreciation, and most of all triumph. Be sure to tell your loved ones that you love them. We wish everyone the best in this new year. We thank you all for everything.

Jeff, Carla, McCall, Callie, and Bindi

6 comments:

Casey said...

Happy New Year to all of you!!! And here is to at least another 17 years of you spending New Year's Eve together!!!!!!!!

Wade said...

Carla, we are all pulling for you. You have a great family supporting you as well.

Love cousin Wade and Family.

Patsy Alexander said...

Happy New Year to the entire family. Jeff, I do appreciate the updates and want you to know that I sympathize with you trying to keep things going there at home, as well as, there at the hospital. My wish is that the year ahead only hold good things for you all.

Susan Garrett said...

Happy New Year Hennessy Family! Love you all and praying for you as well. I love to see Carla smiling in the pictures. She is either faking really well, or she is a fighting champ and kicking this stuff! Let us know if you need anything!

Sandy said...

I am with you Jeff, whole heartedly, TRIUMPH!!!! Love you!!

Jeri B Jacobs said...

Jeff, Carla and Girls
HAPPY NEW YEAR to my best volunteers!!! I am so grateful that Susan let me know about your cute family and all that you are going through. Your are in my thoughts and prayers and please, please let me know if there is anything I can do.
Love to your family
Jeri