Meet one of our "drug" pushers. Just when you get to know your "dealer", their shift ends. Nan pictured here can do it all. She will even taste test the mouthwash. One of the side effects could be mouth sores, so they encourage mouth rinsing daily. Carla said the standard issue in a clear body labeled Sodium Chloride irrigation did not have the making of a good tasting wash...she was right. She told Nan it was nasty. Bam! A different bottle showed up with the suggestion that it might be better. Carla said you try it to Nan. She did, and said it wasn't bad, then we all tried it. Watered down Scope flavor, not bad. She respectfully denied the sampling of the other meds. :)We got bags for chemo, anti fungals, antibiotics, antinausea, potasium, water, etc, syringes for clotting, more chemo, pills for appetite, blood stuff, anti virals, multi vitamins, etc. a drug pushers dream, so many drugs, too short of a shift. Let's just say the RNs and CNAs on the 8th floor are amazing. No matter how she feels, they are accomodating, comforting, and darn right special. Go 8th floor Girls!! (haven't seen any dudes)
Status: We have started 3 day of chemotherapy. Yesterday she felt great, remained very active, no napping, very alert so that she could have a more restful sleep. Didn't help. The body is so unpredictable. So today she getting some naps and fighting the nausea monster. Just go with the flow.
Kids are spending the day with their Uncle Jason. Going to Old Navy to spend the Xmas gift card, Smash Burger lunch and home to watch Despicable Me on Blu-Ray. I guess Blu-Ray is big. Still have not seen a Blu-Ray movie. As for me, I spend as much time with her as possible..."take your pills" is my daily line to her. Love you all, keep the positive thoughts and well wishes coming.
Make sure you stop by the house and get your picture taken with the Leg Lamp!
6 comments:
I once tasted dog food just for the hell of it, so I'm volunteering to be your meds taste tester when Nan refuses ;). I guess having the not-so-great days are bearable as long as Carla has good ones... Here's to more good than bad! xoxo
Yay for the Leg Lamp!! Thanks for the updates. Love you all!
I love that smile on your face. That tells me you are still feeling okay. Hope I get to come and see you again soon. How bout next year. LOL!! LOVE YOU TONS!!!
Love these pictures! What an example you are to us all Carla of how to handle the hard times that come to us in life. I really appreciate these updates too. I find myself thinking a lot about you Carla and your family throughout the day. You are amazing! Still sending my love and postive thoughts and energy. xoxo
I see that they are keeping Carla very busy which I don't think is unusual for a hospital. It good that they are considerate and good to her. Carla, hang in there, and may the time pass fast so you can be back home with you family. Rest assured that you have many friends and family members who are thinking of you and wishing you the best!
Oh my gosh Carla! We just found out! We are so sorry!! Keep up your spirit and we will keep you in our prayers!!
Dan and Amy Swensen
Post a Comment