Not much of a fan of Valentines Day…but I can see why it is such an important holiday to have. We all need to feel love!...either from the ones who love you…or to show your appreciation for the ones you love. I get into the spirit and try my best to show those closest to me how much I love them. Still I’d prefer to show my affections on a day that was “demanded”.
Being the room mom for Callie’s class I was required to put together a party. I tried to cut back on all the candy handed out so I decided activities would be better. We had 4 centers with different Valentines activities to do. (Valentines Day cards, BINGO, bird house decorations and making Ipods.) It is always fun to visit the classroom and see how fun the kids can be at this age. The kids still got too much candy…but I guess it is one of the biggest candy holidays of the year (next to Halloween.)
Hope everyone had a good Valentines!
Being the room mom for Callie’s class I was required to put together a party. I tried to cut back on all the candy handed out so I decided activities would be better. We had 4 centers with different Valentines activities to do. (Valentines Day cards, BINGO, bird house decorations and making Ipods.) It is always fun to visit the classroom and see how fun the kids can be at this age. The kids still got too much candy…but I guess it is one of the biggest candy holidays of the year (next to Halloween.)
Hope everyone had a good Valentines!
3 comments:
Hahahaha... we both got a good laugh about your BYU post. Callie is getting so old! We are both glad that you made the effort to avoid extra candy. It is amazing how much we consume in this country! Good work. Just forget to brush your teeth so Trace can stay employed.
Fun! Sounds like you had some great activities. I loved being the room mom last year and have missed being involved this year. Its nice to be able to help guide how much "junk" the kids get.
Post a Comment