Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Got an A-


Happy 19th Anniversary to my great husband.  We have been together 20 years and been through a lot together.  Thanks for standing by my side, being the best dad and husband I could ask for and loving me as much as you do.  I can’t imagine my life without you.  Here are to 20+ more.  I love you!!

A few weeks ago we celebrated Grandma Rose's birthday.  I realized all the grand-daughters were there and took some photos.  WOW.  We have a lot of girls.

 
Doing more each week and doing things I have put off since I got sick. I am cleaning out drawers, closets, storage room etc.  Trying to decide the color of our bathroom and will work on that next week.  I will get Halloween decoration up next week!  EXCITED!  I have made it to more of McCall’s soccer games and even went to “parent lunch day” for Callie’s school.  It is so nice to get out and “be part of the world” again.
 
Last week clinic was good.  I was asked to meet Dr. Petersen (head of the oncology department and my favorite dr.) in the “conference room” to talk about my 100 day mark and test results. (I hate the conference room.)  We’ve only got bad news there so I jokingly requested we go somewhere else.)  We sat down and I got Jeff on speaker phone. All my numbers are great.  All my white counts, red counts, kidneys and platelet numbers are moving positive and Dr. Petersen is happy with my results.  He did mention that because of my unusual situation and how my cancer presented itself he is writing up my case for the medical journals.  They have never seen a case like mine and don’t know if they ever will.  He was impressed with all that I have been through and that I am still rather healthy and beat the odds.  I was given an A-.

But……and there is always a but.  (Seems like it never ends.) My liver has not happy the last month.  Liver counts are getting too high and Dr. Petersen is getting concerned.  He is now sending me back the Dr. Nielson (who helped me with stomach issues last year) to check and see what we can do to fix it.  It might be a mix of things such as a liver biopsy, GVH, medicine related, drawing out blood each week to clean the red cells etc.  I feel good and hope this is a quick fix.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Awesome news! I am amazed at what you have tackled the last 2 years. You are a trooper and I love you! As for the Liver, you will tackle that too and keep on truckin..... Did you ask Dr. Peterson when we could go get Sushi? I'm waiting!

Carla said...

No sushi yet. :( (No alcohol either (which doesn't bother me too much). Maybe in a few more months. Hope the liver is an easy fix....aughhhh!

Erica Hill said...

Yay! I'll take a A-