Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Getting a little normalcy again


Since my last post things have pretty much stayed the same.  I feel more energy and trying to get out a little more. (I still have to be careful of germs and really large crowds).  I only see the doctors every other Friday (but continue weekly blood draws).  Still have a friend fighting hard.  She wasn’t doing well for weeks and after getting her “last rights” Friday night she woke up Saturday a whole new person.   Whether you believe in miracles or not she is certainly showing me they are true.  I hope things are going to stay positive and she is out of the hospital soon.

 I still pick and choose what I want to do.  I’ve painted a wall downstairs, had COIT clean all the rugs, our large sectional and Jeff’s car professionally. I cleaned out the kids closets and got rid of TONS of stuff that doesn’t fit. (Damn kids growing too fast.) This Friday I am going to walk 2-2.5 miles of a 5K race to raise money for the school.  Actually excited about it…..cuz I know I can do it! 


Just last week my other cousin (wife) brought her new baby boy Noah over to the house on her way from San Jose.  Noah is 5 months old with the craziest hair you’ve ever seen.  It sticks up no matter what you try and do.  She and her family stayed for dinner and we caught up.  I am so lucky I got to see them.




McCall is still doing well with soccer.  She is an awesome forward and a great scorer.  I love watching her games again. Callie had her first gymnastics meet last Saturday and took 1st place on floor, bars and vault.  Then she took 1st place in all-around for her age division. (Considering the night before she stepped on a nail at a friend’s house and had to go to insta-care for a tetanus shot and have her foot wrapped up.) I was one proud mama and she smiled all day.  



Obviously I am excited for Halloween.  I’ve bought some new stuff and have some fun ideas I want to try to make. I really want to get my decorations out but I think I’ll wait a few more weeks. 

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Get your Halloween stuff up and ENJOY!!! You deserve it! You look AMAZING!!! I am not going to make it up for McCall's game this week, I am shooting for the 18th...
Sending loves......XOXOXOXOX

kim said...

So glad to hear that you are doing a little better everyday and that you're are getting to see all these sweet new babies! Way to go Callie and McCall and all of your accomplishments in sports, you guys are awesome. Thanks for being such a great inspiration to us all! And put up the decorations if you are ready, I already have fall decorations on my mantle, because I made them, they were cute and I want them there :)