Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 96


Day 96
BONE MARROW IS CLEAN!!! Yipeeeeee!!

Bone marrow biopsy was done on Friday. OUCH!  I was a nervous Nellie with high blood pressure and rapid heartbeat.  (I always have low blood pressure.)  I was the 5th patient in clinic to have “the drill” instead of the manual tool to remove the marrow.  The pain was about the same but works faster.  The drill reaches in and gets a better sample too.  Got a call Friday night that the blood slides looked clean but needed to wait for some other tests to confirm.  Today I got another call that so far everything is clean and no signs of leukemia!!!!

This Friday (my 100 day mark) we’ll discuss with the doctors the next steps.  Need to follow up on some breathing treatments, maybe some scans and more blood work.  Hopefully I will get the port out sooner than later.

Two good friends are back in-patient and fighting this horrible disease.   My heart breaks for them. Send all of your good vibes to them….I have already been blessed!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Carla-

I am soooo incredibly thrilled! FINALLY, some amazing news :). You definitely deserve it! I can't wait to sushi with you when you're feeling a little better. Love you guys!

Casie said...

Tears of joy reading this post, Carla. Love you!

Priscilla said...

YAH! So happy to read this post. Keep getting stronger Disneyland awaits ;)

Sandy said...

I REALLY didn't think I would say this but.........I CAN'T WAIT TO GO GET SUSHI!!!!!!I am going to love every bite........LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Prayers go out to your friends.