Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 86


Clinic was good today.  NO BONE BIOPSY!!   
While things are fresh on my mind I wanted to update everyone.  Numbers are back up a little (platelets were the biggest jump to 131).  My neutrophils are still going down but doctors still think it is medicine related and not to worry.  My 100 day mark is August 31st but next week we’ll do the biopsy (sad face) to get a head start on the testing just to make sure everything is clean.

No more home magnesium infusions just more magnesium pills. Removing some other pills and adding others.  No more depravera shots (stops menstruation and pregnancy). I am probably already starting menopause so as long as I don’t get a boyfriend I should be OK and not get pregnant. HA (With 5 years of infertility wouldn’t that be funny?)  NOT!!  I gained a few pounds since last appointment.  I hope they stay on!  I feel like I have more energy but still get tired. 

Still doing the Lovinox shots twice a day in my stomach.  Jeff and I have a system and he is a champ at doing it. They are still horrible, but maybe after the bone biopsy is clean they will consider taking out the port and recheck the clot.   Had the port in since January and I am getting tired of it.

Learned today at clinic that 4-5 of my close friends are all doing well and fighting this horrible disease.  It totally made my day and I want to shout out!!  We all need to get together and celebrate!!
Girls are great and we are busy with sports, getting ready for school, doing nails, playing cards and catching up on movies.  Jeff is working hard and takes good care of all of us.  I am so lucky to have him as my caregiver, husband, friend and fighter!

Thanks to all of you for your support, prayers, phone calls and thoughts. It does not go unnoticed and we are so appreciative!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

That all sounds like great news....You had me worried there a bit. Couldn't figure out why you weren't getting a biopsy and then you were. Keep on swimmin my sweetness...Love you tons and if I ever get sick...can I borrow Jeff? Kiss the girls for me and I'll call you later.....

Megan said...

I totally agree with you... Jeff is an amazing man and you are so lucky to have him! But he's also so very lucky to have you, one of the most amazing people that I know, as his wife. Guess it's a perfect match! We love you guys!

Jamie said...

This is wonderful to "hear." So happy for you and your family Carla. Sending our love from Arizona!