Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 79


Day 79
Last Friday at clinic my numbers came back lower than the previous week.  Dr’s.  think it is medicine related and took me off 2 pill medications they think were causing it and added a different one.  Said it takes about 2 weeks to see changes.   Today at clinic numbers were down a little again but not by much…so next week if they aren’t getting better they want to do a bone biopsy to check the marrow.  Obviously hoping for a spike in the numbers and no biopsy until my 100 day mark (August 31).

My port arm has been sore for the past while.  It was getting worse and I couldn’t lift it high or sleep on it well.  I knew something was weird and talk to the PA today.  She was concerned so they sent me down to EKG and sure enough….I’ve got a blood clot near my port. AUGHHH!  Rather than remove the port (since I need it a few more weeks for home infusions) I now have to do the Louvinox shots (2 in my stomach every day until the clot clears or they remove the port).  It burns like crazy going in and Jeff hates giving them to me as much as I hate getting them. But we have a system and in 2 days I should notice less pain in my shoulder and arm.

I’ve felt a little more energy the last 2 weeks.  The scale moved up a little the past couple days. Yeah! I was able to take Callie school shopping and did great.  Had energy when I got home and did laundry too.  Still fighting the food issues but it is a slow process. McCall turned 15 last week end and is studying for her driver’s permit.  Ahhhhh!   She made the Skyline High Soccer team and we’ve been busy with that.   Callie decided to stay in gymnastics until the fall.  She and Jeff have been running track and she loves it.  Maybe that might be her new “thing” come spring (?)  Both girls are not excited for school to start, but what kid is?  I am going to miss them being gone all day again.

 I’ve also been staying up late watching the Olympics.  I am addicted to it and have loved watching our athletes’ compete, win metals or at least show good sportsmanship if they don’t.  It is crazy what some of them can do.  I am inspired to get into better shape faster.  Sure did break up the monotony in my TV watching life. (ha)

I am a little nervous about the counts but Jeff also assures me things are medicine related.  I am still positive and hoping everything is alright.  I can’t think about negativity all the time and just try to live each day the best I can.  10% MEDICINE   90%DETERMINATION!!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Damn those numbers, but keeping my fingers crossed that they creep back up to where they're supposed to be.

That's such great news about McCall... congrats! And I can't believe she'll be driving soon. My how the time does fly.

I can't decide if I'm happy or sad that the Olympics are coming to a close. But at least I'll actually be able to get stuff done around the house and not be locked to the t.v. :).

We love and miss you and can't wait until we can get together for sushi (and that you'll actually be excited to eat it :) ). xoxo!

Sandy said...

Sweetie....The fact that you had so much energy should tell you that this is medicine related....go with what you body is telling you. Those numbers are going to climb...I love your attitude...you have always had that through this whole fight. I love you...What an example you are to ALL of us! YOU ARE GOING TO WIN THIS FIGHT!!!!!

Keep up with the 90% and remember all of the love and support you have around you....We are all praying for you!!!

HUGS!!!