We had a change of plans yesterday. The hospital called at 8am and changed some things and wanted to admit her Tue or Wed because they wanted to do a heart echo test and administer a drug which needs a day to work. However, while there, her new port she got Friday showed signs of possible infection and is causing lots of pain. So, this morning we called and said that it needs to come out. They called back and said come in and lets get it taken care of right away , and they completed the removal. Carla also had to get a transfusion and antibiotics yesterday. We thought we were getting things started yesterday but have a detour.
The plan is to place a different tri-port line in the morning and admit her right after to start treatment.
All, thank you for everything, every bit of encouragement builds strength.
Love,
The Hennessy's
2 comments:
Love you Carla!
I told this to Jeff but wanted to make sure you heard it. Boo saw your Christmas picture on my desk the other day and picked it up saying: "Mom, I 'm so sad that Carla has that and if I were a doctor I would cure her and make good medicine." Out of the mouths of babes..we all feel that way and are so grateful there are doctors to just that! Hang in there girl as you wait for them to work their magic! Love you tons! McDermotts
Post a Comment