Friday, September 16, 2011

Port is gone!!

My port got infected again so off the blood thinners for a few days and an oral antibiotic. Finally my INR (the rate in which your blood clots) was low enough I was able to get the port taken out. Yipeeeee!!!! I've had it in almost 9 months and was getting pretty tired of taking care of it. Now we wait to see if my infection is in my blood stream (then a new port ...YUCK) or just a temporary pick-line for antibiotics. I'll have another chest CT next week and we'll see where we stand with that.

Still feel good and healthy and have had some pretty good days. A busy weekend with the girls sports and the UTAH/BYU game. GO UTES!!!

4 comments:

Megan said...

That's awesome about the port (not the infection)! I imagine it's like getting a cast off that you've had for a long time. Love you!

Sandy said...

Love you...so glad it's out..........
GO BYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Trace Baxter said...

We love and think about you often. I'm pretty sure the best cure is a lot of sunshine. I hear airfare is pretty cheap this time of year and our apartment needs more people. Wishing you the best!

shirley dourgarian said...

I am so happy to hear that the port is gone!!!! This was such good news! Enjoy your beautiful family! HUGS!