Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happy Halloween

During the torrential downpour yesterday I was driving to McCall’s soccer tournament. I see a garage sale sign and slowed down to see what they were selling. A young gentleman was rushing to bring items in from out of the rain. I see in his hands the “Christmas Story” leg lamp. I stop right in the middle of the street asking if that is for sale and if it works. He tells me yes and I pull in to grab it. He asks me how much I’d like to pay. I thought for a minute and almost said $30. He came back with “How about $5?” OMG….I was so excited and wanted it so bad I simply said “I’ll give you $10 because you are so awesome!!” He must have thought I was crazy since I was beyond giddy! I paid him and drove to the soccer game with the biggest smile on my face. Later in the day I brought it home, dried it off, put in a new light bulb….and wa-la…..I now have the “Fragile Leg Lamp” I have always wanted. It will be up in our window after Halloween and stay there until the first of the year. Drive or stop by if you want!!!

Later that night we had a Halloween party. What great friends we have. Everyone really came through with their costumes and food. We all laughed and enjoyed catching up with each other. Everyone was aw-struck by my $10.00 purchase and wanted to have their picture taken with it. Here are some photos that I took.
















1 comment:

Blonde African Americans said...

The Gnome was too cool, thanks again for having us