Monday, July 14, 2008

YOKWE! The 6th Annual Marshall Island Reunion



Here are just a few pictures we took this weekend at the "The 6th Annual Marshall Island Reunion". It was one of the best turnouts yet. There were over 15 families and around 75-80 people.

The first night we had dinner, conducted a talent show (each child got to show off his/her special talent), decorated our annual t-shirts, played soccer and thanks to Jeff got glow-sticks at dark. Saturday was our “Beach Day”. I rented the volcano water slide, had squirt guns, slip n’ slides, got a baby pool and bubbles. The kids had so much fun!! Later we had a Dutch over lunch (with rice, chicken and rolls) then a yummy banana split bar.

We are so thankful to have Callie in our lives and for giving us the opportunity to know her culture. I never thought that we would have so many great friends through the world of adoption. Thank you Callie for coming to our life and for being our girl! We love you!!


4 comments:

Lissa said...

I am soo glad all went well and it was a huge success ( I had no doubt with you running it). Looks like a great time and everyone had fun (cool to see Em' on your blog. I have not seen her for a bit). What a great reason to get together and celebrate! Callie is a wonderful little girl!

Shauna said...

Awesome...how great for all of you to do that for her (and you!) You guys are just incredible!

Blonde African Americans said...

Callie is so lucky to have you as a mom, you are amazing - Raph

Marty and Barbi said...

Good times for everyone. I am glad Mina made it onto the BLOG. Now I'll have to deal with her superstar status...Like Obama ; )